Pietro MortiniClinical Professor of Neurological Surgery
Office Phone: 202-741-2709
Department: Neurological Surgery
- MD, University Parma, 1986
Chairman, Department of Neurosurgery and Radiosurgery
San Raffaele University Hospital, Milan - Italy
From 2008 – present
Teaching and academic appointments
- 2014 - present: Director, International University Master in Radiosurgery, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University – School of Medicine, Milan - Italy
- 2011 - present: Member of the Dean Committee of the Vita-Salute San Raffaele University – School of Medicine, Milano - Italy
- 2008 - present: Director, Residency Program in Neurosurgery, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, Milan - Italy
- 2008 - present: Full time Professor, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, Milan - Italy
- 2005 - 2008: Full time Professor, University of Brescia - Italy
Author of more than 200 scientific publications of international level.
As the author of more than 200 scientific publications of international level, and Director of the Experimental Neurosurgery Unit at San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Dr. Mortini's main fields of interest are pre-clinical studies on olfactory cell transplantation in spinal cord injuries and pre-clinical studies on use of collagen scaffold in spinal cord and peripheral nerves injuries.
- Reviewer of Pituitary (PITU)
- From 2014, Member of the Editor Board of the Journal of Neurosurgical Sciences
Centers and Institutes
Institutes and Graduate Program Affiliations
- Vita-Salute San Raffaele University – School of Medicine, Milan - Italy http://www.unisr.it/persona.asp?id=5509
- San Raffaele University Hospital, Milan - Italy http://www.hsr.it
View publications by this faculty member from January 1, 2013 - present
Additional publications published before January 1, 2013 may be available within Himmelfarb Library's database.
Industry Relationships and Collaborations
This faculty member (or a member of their immediate family) has reported a financial interest with the healthcare related companies listed below. These relations have been reported to the University and, when appropriate, management plans are in place to address potential conflicts.