Back to Search Results
Jillian CatalanottiAssociate Professor of Medicine
Associate Professor of Health Policy and Management (Secondary)
Office Phone: 202-741-2182
- B.S., Yale University, 2000
- M.P.H., Harvard University, 2004
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine, 2005
Jillian Catalanotti is an Assistant Professor of General Internal Medicine at the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Dr. Catalanotti joined the faculty of the George Washington University in 2008. In her first five years on faculty, she taught several courses for the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences focusing on clinical reasoning, patient communication, and the biopsychosocial model of health, and also served as Assistant Clerkship Director for the school’s primary care clerkship as well as Course Director for Introduction to Clinical Medicine. She has a particular interest in public health education of medical professionals and has designed and taught two college-level public health courses for the university through the Department of Health Policy, and co-founded a Community Health elective rotation and the Underserved Medicine and Public Health concentration for the internal medicine residency program. Since 2013, Dr. Catalanotti has served as Program Director for the Internal Medicine residency program.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 2005-2008
- Graduate medical education
- Healthcare for the underserved/community health
- Primary care women’s health
- Studying the effectiveness and impact of graduate medical curricula including an Underserved Medicine and Public Health curriculum and a Community Health elective.
- Surveying Internal Medicine residency program directors regarding perceptions of public health training for residents and types of training available
- Co-Director of the Underserved Medicine and Public Health concentration to train select residents with clinical placements at local community health centers
- Miriam’s Kitchen: local soup kitchen sous chef and dinner server
- General Internal Medicine
View publications by this faculty member from January 1, 2013 - present
Catalanotti J, Popiel P, Talib Z, Johansson P. A pilot curriculum to integrating community health into Internal Medicine residency training. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2013 Dec;5(4):674-7.
Kakar S, Catalanotti J, Flory A, Simmens S, Lewis K, Mintz M, Haywood Y, Blatt B. Evaluating Oral Case Presentations Using a Checklist: How do senior student-evaluators compare with faculty? Academic Medicine. 2013 Sep;88(9):1363-7.
Additional publications published before January 1, 2013 may be available within Himmelfarb Library's database.
Industry Relationships and Collaborations
This faculty member (or a member of their immediate family) has reported a financial interest with the health care related companies listed below. These relations have been reported to the University and, when appropriate, management plans are in place to address potential conflicts.