Research Center for Neglected Diseases of Poverty: The School of Medicine and Health Sciences was awarded $15 million by NIH in 2010 which will be combined with additional funds to create:
- New open collaborative laboratory space on the west side of the 5th and 6th floors of Ross Hall for the research mission of the new center
- New exterior emergency egress stair on Ross Hall's northwest side near the courtyard with an attractive glass and steel facade (expected completion summer 2013)
- Required upgrades to building systems (including electrical, plumbing and HVAC) on the west side of Ross Hall.
Central Utility Plant: Ross Hall's existing central utility plant providing power, steam, and chilled water will be upgraded to serve both Ross Hall and the new Science and Engineering Hall currently under construction, including:
- Renovated boilers and new chillers
- New cooling towers on southeast corner of Ross Hall's roof
- Upgraded electrical and gas service, and a Co-Gen system.
Work on the central utility plant on Level B2 requires a ground-level access shaft on 24th Street side of Ross Hall for delivery of equipment and materials. Also a tunnel under 23rd Street to connect Ross Hall and the Science and Engineering Hall will be installed in late 2012/early 2013.
Please share any questions or concerns by emailing RossHall@gwu.edu