Lexi-Comp is now available via an updated user-interface which provides improved speed and enhanced usability to quickly get you to the information that you need. To use this new interface, simply access Lexi-Comp and when prompted select 'Try it Now'. Updates to Lexi-Comp's interface include:
- An 'Explore by General Category' listing is now available on the home page which allows you to browse by drugs, diseases, toxicology, etc. without searching by a specific term.
- New Drug Approvals and Special Alerts are now displayed on the Home screen, providing you immediate access to the newest medications and timely safety warnings.
- All clinical databases are now searchable from the main search box allowing you to search for a drug and explore for content within Allergy, Pregnancy & Lactation, Patient Education, Toxicology and all other clinical databases.
- The search box remains prominent and accessible at all times throughout the application.
- New navigation features are based on familiar web browser functions including tabbed organization of content, drop-down expandable content lists, a 'history' function, and an easy-to-read full page display of search results.
Monograph and Modules
- All Clinical Tools are available within the blue tool bar throughout entire application allowing you to easily access core tools including Interactions, Drug I.D., Calculations, and I.V. Compatibility.
- DynaMed articles remain integrated with Lexi-Comp allowing you to move into disease/condition and therapeutic articles.
- Modules are now optimized for standard internet browsing within the application, no longer requiring a separate window to view results.Within the Patient Education module, all topics can be browsed alphabetically or by body system.
Additional information regarding changes to Lexi-Comp's interface is available on Next Generation of Lexi-Comp which provides access to training videos, detailed user guides, a quick reference guide, and a roster of live training session.
Lexi-Comp is available from on-campus locations (including GW Hospital) with no login required, as well as from off-campus locations using ALADIN, VPN/GWireless, and EZproxy. Lexi-Comp is linked from Himmelfarb Library's homepage in the Quick Links area and is also listed on the E-Databases webpage under Drug/Pharmacology.